As part of our ongoing commitment to BVD and our customer base we are constantly introducing Widgets.
The trend arrow provides a smoothly animated arrow depicting changing trends in your data.
The widget comprises a number of configurable elements:
- Title – the title of your widget, this should provide pertinent information about the data being displayed
- Subtitle – may be omitted or provide further detail
- Data value – this is the raw value from the data provided to BVD. Due to space constraints, this is limited to one decimal place
- Data value unit – may be omitted, or detail what unit or type of data is being displayed
- Trend arrow – there are a number of configurable options here
- The upward and downward angle of the arrow may be altered. The default is 45 degrees as the arrow design lends itself well to this.
- The colour of the arrow may be altered according to the data type. In the above example of a server’s CPU load, a downward trend is set to be green, as this is a positive outcome. This may not always be appropriate, for example, a downward trend in units sold could be made red. The colour chosen here is also used as the font colour for the delta value.
- Delta value – this is the difference between the current data value and the previous data value